This is an update of my presentation about art-science as an interdisciplinary activity, and why I like to do it, which I gave at Napier Institute for Informatics and Digital Innovation. Not very text based, so might not be clear on its own.
I'm going to use this post to collect photos and media from Kinetica 2010. To start with, here's Parag's Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pkmital/sets/72157623393186086/
The last times Chaodependant go shown, it worked great, but the carpet base it was on looked awful. So, for taking it down to  we decided to put it on a more professional platform. Apart from aesthetics, we also wanted to address the problem that the pendulum gets further away from the pods towards the end of it's swing, and hence they have less effect on the movement.
Final days of testing, and doesn't everything all seem to go wrong at the end!
It's really exciting when things start to come together... Last night me and Owen got two pods working: disturbing the pendulum bob, sensing it, and communicating with Max/MSP via the Arduino. Not much more to say, other than adding a couple of rather grubby phone photos. The main issue was trying to get a nice smooth output from the sensors, which seem to behave wierdly half the time. The first photo is some trial pods lit up, and the second one is the pendulum in action, lighting up the pods.
Below are my most recent blog posts.
You can also see them sorted into: